Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Goodbye Summer
I realized this week, that summer is over. The sun is still kind of warm, but you can feel the chilliness creeping in around the edges. And it's downright cold in the mornings. I had to turn the heat on last week. I like fall alright, with its colored leaves, and crisp sunny days, with pumpkins and apples and all of the fall smells. Until it starts raining. And then I am done. Wishing for summer again. And summer sadly doesn't come fast enough. It takes forever to get here, and then it's gone, just like that. In the time it takes to blink, summer has past, fall is flying by, and winter is fast approaching. Before you know it, another year has disappeared and I'm left wondering where the time has gone. Wondering what I am doing with my life and if what I've done really matters. Am I enjoying the time I have, or spending it worrying about trivial things? There is a time limit and it is racing by. I need to pay attention and make sure I don't waste any of it. Summer will come around again, and while I will be waiting for that first warm day, I need to remember to appreciate the cold rainy ones as well, so as not to lose time rushing toward the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment